Here are some tips on how to keep your pet cool in the summer heat:
- Adding ice cubes to your dog’s water dish is a simple way to help cool your dog down faster.
- Lay down a wet towel for your dog to lay and cool off on when it gets hot out.
- Provide shade under a tree, or make shade by stringing up tarp or blanket to help your dog relax.
- Avoid walking on hot pavement. Booties would be the next best option to help protect their feet from the hot pavement.
- It is best to go for walks with your dog first thing in the morning, or later in the evening to avoid the midday heat.
- Make a fun frozen treat that consists of water and whatever dog appropriate treats they like or even dog toys.
For other tips and tricks, please follow the links below:
Pet Healthcare Network
Written by Airdrie Animal Health Centre