We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Airdrie Animal Health Centre in Airdrie, Alberta
Welcome to the Airdrie Animal Health Centre! We are a full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to dogs, cats, pocket pets and exotics. Here at the Airdrie Animal Health Centre, we recognize that your pets are a part of your family and should be treated accordingly. We strive to provide an elevated level of care to every animal on an individual basis. Established in 1982, the Airdrie Animal Health Centre has been a long-standing part of the Airdrie community. Our clinic is home to a team of four experienced veterinary practitioners with knowledgeable support staff. Our new clinic building was specifically designed to cater to the needs of a veterinary clinic, providing a spacious interior that is both functional and eloquent.
The Airdrie Animal Health Centre is proud to be an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our clinic follows the rigorous qualifications of the American Animal Hospital Association to ensure your furry family members receive the veterinary care they deserve. These qualifications include over 800 standards of good practice and passing full-clinic inspections. The Airdrie Animal Health Centre is also recognized as a gold standard Cat-Friendly Practice, ensuring our clinic meets the unique needs of your cat. This includes an exam room exclusive to felines and a separate cat ward for feline friends staying in-clinic. All doctors and staff are Certified Fear-Free Professionals, educated on reducing fear and anxiety in animals and promoting practices that ensure pets’ well-being.
Airdrie Animal Health Centre has been awarded the Veterinarian Practice of the Year Award for Airdrie and surrounding areas. This award is presented to a business whose ethics and philosophies extend beyond the walls of their business and have a positive impact on the Airdrie community as a whole; an individual whose vision encompasses both the priorities of the community along with a high degree of business excellence.
Feel free to drop by our clinic to meet our friendly staff and see what our clinic has to offer!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
1. We are currently operating a "closed door" policy to protect our clients and staff. This means that clients will not be allowed to enter the building. When you arrive in our parking lot, please remain in your vehicle and call us at 403-948-2733. Our staff will come to you to collect your animal for their appointment. If you do not have a phone, or if your animal is experiencing an emergency, please knock on the door to alert our staff.
2. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm and Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
3. At this time, appointments will only be booked when medically necessary. Any non-urgent appointment requests will be temporarily postponed. If you have an emergency that requires immediate attention, please proceed directly to McKnight 24 Hour Veterinary Hospital at 5010 – 4th Street NE, Calgary, AB and call 403-457-0911 to alert them of your arrival.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, credit cards are the preferred payment method. Debit cannot be accepted over the phone, but is available at time of pick up if ABSOLUTELY necessary. We will not be able to accept cash.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Airdrie Animal Health Centre