We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
The Airdrie Animal Health Centre was founded in 1982. It has expanded over the years to 5 Veterinarians, 3 Registered Veterinary Technicians, 5 Receptionists, and over 12,000 patients. The clinic became a fully certified American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) veterinary clinic in 1999. Airdrie Animal Health Centre continues to hold itself to the high standards of AAHA by being reviewed and inspected every 3 years. These are standards that are followed to ensure your beloved, furry family members receive the care they deserve and they are the only clinic in Airdrie to do this extra step.
The AAHA was founded in 1933 and is the only association that provides voluntary accreditation to companion animal hospitals. We are one of approximately 3,000 veterinary hospitals in the world that are AAHA accredited. We set our standards high so that we can provide you and your pet(s) with quality care and service.
What Are the Standards of Accreditation?
The AAHA Standards of Accreditation are widely used as a benchmark to measure excellence in veterinary medicine. Our hospital has been successfully evaluated by an outside consultant on over 800 standards that directly correlate to the level of care we provide. These standards are periodically reviewed and updated to ensure they remain consistent with changes in veterinary medicine and technology.
Here are a few examples of how AAHA’s standards impact you and your pet. The standards require us to provide diagnostic services (X-ray and laboratory) so that we can quickly and accurately diagnose your pet. Because we have an on-site pharmacy (another standards area), we are equipped to begin your pet’s treatment immediately. AAHA standards also require that medical records be thorough and complete, which helps us better understand your pet’s medical history and learn how past health issues might be impacting their current medical status.
We are proud to be an AAHA-accredited practice. These high standards keep us on the leading edge of veterinary medicine, which allows us to stay focused on continuous improvements in all areas.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
1. We are currently operating a "closed door" policy to protect our clients and staff. This means that clients will not be allowed to enter the building. When you arrive in our parking lot, please remain in your vehicle and call us at 403-948-2733. Our staff will come to you to collect your animal for their appointment. If you do not have a phone, or if your animal is experiencing an emergency, please knock on the door to alert our staff.
2. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
3. At this time, appointments will only be booked when medically necessary. Any non-urgent appointment requests will be temporarily postponed. If you have an emergency that requires immediate attention, please proceed directly to McKnight 24 Hour Veterinary Hospital at 5010 – 4th Street NE, Calgary, AB and call 403-457-0911 to alert them of your arrival.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, credit cards are the preferred payment method. Debit cannot be accepted over the phone, but is available at time of pick up if ABSOLUTELY necessary. We will not be able to accept cash.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Airdrie Animal Health Centre