We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Dr. Laura is an extremely diverse veterinarian as she not only handles small companion pets but pocket pets and exotic pets as well. She loves the human-animal bond that develops between people and their animals. Dr. Laura had wanted to be a veterinarian ever since she was 5 years old spending time working with horses on her aunt’s farm. She made her dream a reality when she graduated from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. After practising in British Columbia, Dr. Laura joined the Airdrie Animal Health Centre in 2014, drawn by the high expectation of care from an AAHA-accredited clinic. She enjoys surgery and dental care, as well as the challenges associated with working with a variety of exotic animal species. Dr. Laura likes the diversity of challenges our clinic has to offer as well as the supportive and fun work environment.
Laura is an avid traveller. She aspires to visit more than 50 countries in her lifetime. To date, she is already more than halfway to reaching her goal. At home, she has a shy sheltie named Jazz "Jazzy."
Much Heartfelt appreciation to All the staff at Airdrie Animal Health Center and Tails of Hope. Everyone went above and…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
1. We are currently operating a "closed door" policy to protect our clients and staff. This means that clients will not be allowed to enter the building. When you arrive in our parking lot, please remain in your vehicle and call us at 403-948-2733. Our staff will come to you to collect your animal for their appointment. If you do not have a phone, or if your animal is experiencing an emergency, please knock on the door to alert our staff.
2. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm and Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
3. At this time, appointments will only be booked when medically necessary. Any non-urgent appointment requests will be temporarily postponed. If you have an emergency that requires immediate attention, please proceed directly to McKnight 24 Hour Veterinary Hospital at 5010 – 4th Street NE, Calgary, AB and call 403-457-0911 to alert them of your arrival.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, credit cards are the preferred payment method. Debit cannot be accepted over the phone, but is available at time of pick up if ABSOLUTELY necessary. We will not be able to accept cash.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Airdrie Animal Health Centre